The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is one of the largest and most active American chambers in Europe. It was established in 1932 to promote economic and business relations between the United States and Greece. It is a wholly autonomous, not-for-profit organization and receives no subsidy from any government body.
The Chamber aims to:
- Promote the harmonious development in Greek-American relations in the economic and business field
- Aid the increase in trade and development between the two countries and acquaint and inform the American business community in Greece with the economic environment and business practices of the host country
- Assist Greek business people who wish to create business partnerships with American companies
- Represent the American business community vis-a-vis government departments and agencies
- Aid and assist importers and investors in their respective countries
- Provide a forum for an exchange of views on matters of mutual business and commercial interest